For Pagans who can not have a traditional bonfire, and for everyone else who just wants a pretty amazing patio fire.
Sakrete Quickset Concrete
a bunch of rocks (perhaps dug up from your yard)
a plastic bowl
a large canned good
chafing dish gel fuel pack
PAM cooking spray
plastic tub for mixing concrete
stick to stir concrete
1. Measure out your concrete. I just filled my plastic bowl/mold with dry mix.
2. Dump mix in plastic mixing bin.
3. Add water; stir with stick.
Start with a puddle in the middle of dry mix. Not too soupy, not too chunky
3b. Spray PAM all over your mold and canned good.
4. Pour concrete into mold.
4b. I poured halfway, then placed my large canned good in the center and continued filling around the can.
4c. After about 6 minutes, I rotated my can, wiggled side to side and popped it out.
PAM is awesome.
5. At the 17 minute mark, Cover top of mold with stack of newspaper.
Flip it over carefully; concrete form will slip right out.
Because…well, PAM is awesome.
6. and 7. Carefully and pleasingly place loose rocks along rim of concrete form.
8. and 9. Drop fire gel pack in center hole; light with long match and enjoy.
(If this is yours, let me know and I will give credit.)